time is not only for spending, it is for USEING

2007年2月17日土曜日

My birthday is pssed!



thank you all for sending message for my birthday! I enjoyed a lot!!! My birthday was just normal day, except receiving special messages and cheese cake which I GOT for myself!

What I did on my 23rd birthday was working. I realized that the atmosphere is very natural to me, which people speak japanese and English naturally, and all the douments and orientation are in English. We had New Associates Orientation in the afternoon, and superviser presented about the history of the company in English, evernthough he speaks perfect Japanese. And most of Associates are japanese, except one girl who is native English speaker. The interesting thing was evrybody had storng English accents, such as Australian, British, American(Me)... I could't even understand what the Japanese girl said in English because she has very strong Australian accent. But it was very clear where did they learn English. hahahaha!


The new thing is thinking about relationships for new associates. There are 4 people include me who started to work here from Feb. And except me, other 3 people are just graduated students and have no experiance for working hospitality industry... i haven't work for hotels or something yet, but i worked restaurants and bars a lot when I was students. And I am the one who has work experiance. That is not mean i have advantage for this job, but the value is totally different. I believe this job is not tooooo hard to me, even if i were asked to organize flont desk right after i got this job, i love it, i got chance! but for other people, it is almost stressful and impossible job. They complain little bit... So it makes me hard to understand them sometimes, but it's just we have different value of life. Now, i have to think about understanding people and adjust people, and make it more comfortable to work toghether.

4 件のコメント:

kidsonbikes さんのコメント...

ooo look a comment. I bet you were so excited to see that there is 'one' comment on this post. "who could it be from?," you thought. Just me, tyler. Hope you're having beautiful days over there naoko. talk to you soon! -tylerrrrr

"On Your Left!" さんのコメント...

Your new job sounds so interesting. I hope you are enjoying it! I looked up the Oakwood property in Gig Harbor and it is a building with a view of the bridge. You can see it at http://www.oakwood.com/corporate-apartments/US/WA/Gig-Harbor.html which shows a lot of Oakwood apartments buildings, all not that far from Olalla! The Gig Harbor building is the third one down at 2413 Cliffside Lane NW. I'm planning to update the ol' huckleberries blog just as soon as I get a minute!

705 さんのコメント...

tyler, thanks thanks thanks! you are the one!! I just came back from masumi's wedding, it was just beautiful... she got great husband. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh------
I got energy for having life form them. oh, when i came back to oofuna, i fed cats some food, and tried to check peeing box either it was full or not, and when i just opened the bottom of the box, i hard sound of running water..... whici is pee of course in this time. Unfortunately it was too full to keep them safely. so i needed to clean evrything, my shelf, toilet boxes for them, floor......... took about one and half hour.... terrible, horrible, but i got energy from wedding party, so i didn't get MAD at them,it just because aya'd fault that didn't care about it, about them at all. well, i hope we can talk pretty soon, really soon,
naoko

705 さんのコメント...

Dear Sandy,
yeah, it is very enjoyable. I still worry about RRRRRRIIIIICCCCHHHH people a lot. But i believe working at Oakwood helps me to find job in States a lot. My Oakwood propaty is here,http://www.oakwood.com/serviced-apartments/furnished/JP/Tokyo/prop5705.html

it's not opened yet, still a lot of work to prepare for grand opennig, and so many lessons for service. I hope all of you are well and welcoming next season!!
naoko

time is not only for spending, it is for USEING